Call for Entries deadline 10th September 2017. To upload your film go to http://www.filmfreeway.com/festival/lipffestival
a.) Films in any African languages with English subtitles.
b.) Films made in Africa by Africans.
c.) Films in francophone, Amharic, Arabic and Kiswahili from African Countries.
FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Any films that do not meet the following requirements will be automatically disqualified. The entry requirements have been revised to increase eligibility. kindly adhere.
1. All films should fit the eligibility criteria as stated in the introduction SECTION.
2. Short and feature films both accepted. (Shorts should be between 3-40minutes. Features should be more than 41 minutes.
3. Documentaries and Animation accepted. (TV Series not accepted.)
4. All films MUST therefore have English translation subtitles.
5. Every producer/director/group/company is only allowed a maximum of two film entries.
6. All films to be submitted in HD Quality in both Mp4 and movie file. Hard copies should be in a flash disk on quality not less than (720pp x 1080pp). All films should be submitted with a trailer of 15 seconds together with the film. For online submissions, kindly check rules 10, 11 and 12 below.
7. All films must be submitted before the deadlines of 10th September 2017
8. All entries should be original works of the persons submitting. And must be classified appropriately by the classifying body from the country of origin. The LIPFF Festival Committee and Organizers will not be accountable for any copyright infringements.
9. The producers should ensure they have copyright agreement for any songs/music/sounds used in the film with the owners/producers/creators/authorities of the songs/music/sounds.
10. All entries to be submitted with a duly signed submission form which you can download from this website. Click the link LIPFF FILM SUBMISSION FORM to download.
11. For submissions made through FilmFreeway, you may download the form from the website, fill it and upload it on FilmFreeway as a screenplay for your films.
12. If you cannot download the form or have any questions kindly send us an email to: email@example.com
All films should grant permission to be downloadable. Semi finalists will not be contacted for download permission for purposes of public screenings. Kisumu doesn’t have very liable data connection to allow for live streaming.
Kindly visit the website for more details. http://www.lipffestival.wordpress.com/